Tuesday, September 7, 2010

T-Shirt Yarn

Recycled T-Shirt Yarn.  So simple.  So easy.  Even "I" can do it!

Thank you, Our Journey To A Simpler Life, for the full tutorial that includes a video for people that are visual learner's like me!  .. And for giving us an excellent recycling adventure that eliminates waste and crap... I love new idea's!

Ok, so this is by far, the neatest thing I have ever thought to do with the million of dull looking t-shirts that I end up throwing out every month because they are not "white enough"..thank you husband!  HA!

Below is just a recent example of clothes I am donating and white t-shirts that I was going to pitch in the garbage..until now.. ;)



What to do:
#1 Lay the t-shirt straight and cut the end seam off. 

#2 Start a cut that exhibits cutting a spiral out of the t-shirt.

#3 When you have finished cutting the "spiral" strips.. you just start from one end of you yarn and pull al of the way to the other end to give the "yarn" affect that the below picture has..versus strips that look like cut cotton...hehe..
(I didn't take pictures of this step so go visit that blog for full tutorial)


Don't worry!!.. Scissors were placed there for picture ONLY..not for baby use.. :)  He was just about to make an attempt to eat our yarn..

I balled up our t-shirt yarn!  Thank you Harmony, for modeling it for us!  ;)

..And now..You can crochet to your imagination's end..use it for crafts, knitting, etc.

Here's some yarn that I dyed so I can use it to make a mobile or something* for Harmony's room.
  

So, now I'm off to bring a little girl to her first day of preschool!  How exciting!

..Oh.. and..
I have officially declared Tuesday, Upcycle Tuesday!  
Photobucket








Have a great one!

Candice S.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! You are recycling, which I'm a big fan of, and you don't have to waste money going out and buying yarn or string or something. So smart! Your children are adorable, by the way. :)

    Thanks so much for checking out my blog!

    Lauren
    http://31diy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Academics Blogs