Here are a few summer fun idea's that I have compiled together. I plan on doing these with my family before Harmony starts school in August. :)
1. Play a game of hopscotch
2. Have fun with ice cube painting
3. Make puff paint
4. Collect nature objects, rocks, twigs, flowers and place them into a display basket and use them for props or story time
5. Make a nature book
6. Blow bubbles
7. Dance in the rain (a light drizzle- not recommended for dancing in thunderstorms! hehe)
8. Go Hiking
9. Go to the park
10. Have a picnic!
11. Camp out in your backyard
12. Take a family bike ride
13. Watch a movie under the stars (usually events like this are at your local theater, library, or within your community)
14. Go to your local library and sign up for their children's programs- story time, family craft time, music, and art programs.
15. Plant a garden or a tree
16. Fly a kite
17. Make homemade ice cream
18. Make a puppet theater out of cardboard boxes
19. Take a walk and explore your neighborhood
20. Make homemade lemonade
21. Eat lots of watermelon
22. Start your own reading program. Read a book a week with your kids to keep their minds fresh.
23. Go to the beach
24. Play in the water, pool, or water hose
25. Start writing a pen pal
26. Read a classic
27. Go to your local flea market
28. Make a sensory tub for your toddler/preschoolers: You can make a garden sensory tub with seeds, soil, and a shovel. :)
34. Use up your scraps from your art collection (example: use extra broken crayons for making jumbo muffin tin crayons)
35. Read the news
36. Play a board game
37. Play kickball
38. Have a water balloon fight!
39. Observe the clouds for rabbits, squirrels, and other fun shapes!
40. Register for Lowe's or Home Depot's building program for kids (usually held on Saturdays and are completely FREE)
41. Learn (or teach your child) how to jump rope, roller skate, or swim
42. Make a sockpuppet
43. Donate toys to your local charity
44. Start a kids club for community clean up
45. Play I-Spy
46. Have a treasure or scavenger hunt
47. Have a tea party
48. Make tissues flowers
49. Make a magazine holder
50. Create a shadowbox
51. Learn to sew
Most of all...stay safe, use sunscreen, and have fun!!