Monday, August 30, 2010

Repurposed Cereal Boxes, Mod Podge, and A Glue Gun. :)



Harmony and I had the best time today finally utilizing several of the cereal boxes that I have set aside to upcycle as book holders/magazine holders.  I had so much fun decorating Harmony's, using Mod Podge and tissue paper..and then I made the cute flower out of coffee filters, some nail polish for the outer tips of the outer flower, and then pink tissue paper.  How fun!!
I made one for the babies room but have to say that my project book holder didn't come out like I had planned.  The materials I decoupaged were not exactly what I was looking for when I saw the finished product.  Hmmm..I even tried sprucing it up with marbles.  Hmm... I'll have to try that one again later.

So..on to the next, right?  I have been thinking of all of these creative idea's for wall decor for the kid's rooms because why buy it when yo can me it?  Harmony and I love making shadow boxes and have on several different occasions, or used them for scene plots for Barbies/Ponies, etc.  I came up with an idea to create something that would coordinate with her new book holder.  I used an empty box that our Wii came in when we purchased it in January (can you believe we had it for that long????? YIKES).  I then used the same steps for the flower that I did for the book holder but designed it a little differently.  I love the way it came out and had to share!  

P.S.  I also used my glue gun for these projects like I usually do.  It never gets enough credit.  ;)

Have a great day and happy creating!!

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I love reusing cereal boxes for craft time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow am now following back.

    Nichole @
    carterfamilytable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Academics Blogs