Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's Fall Baby.. Even Though It's 85 Degrees Outside!

We have had a busy week, yet again.  This week we had so much fun!!  We crafted our heart's out, baked cupcakes (which are gone..), homemade pancakes, I started my next round of classes, picked our pumpkin, had doctor's appointments, and did some fun Fall inspired crafts!





Remember this post about this fall tree craft from last Monday's Craft Share??  I love how these recycled TP rolls converted into pretty fall trees.  Those are our finger prints!  The brown tree to the right has Harmony's handprint.  :o)
Love the Apple Stamping.  All you is cut an apple in half and put some paint on it and stamp it down on paper.  Pretty, right?  .. Oh and I NEVER EVER EVER buy paint.  I make my own that is safe for consumption, just in case, and it is oh-so-easy to clean up or off of anything.

Homemade Paint and Finger Paint:

1 Tablespoon Flour
1 Tablespoon Water (or less up to you)
Add in food coloring















Harmony learned the letter "D" in school and is working on some fun fall projects.  One of her questions have been, "Mommy, why doesn't it feel like fall?  If it were Fall then the leaves would change color, right?"  ..Of course, I reply with something like..we don't live in Massachusetts anymore honey, this IS SW Florida.

Mark Jr. also had his doctor's appointment this week, which has led me to pursue some research on a variety of topics for my, "The Intuitive Parent" series.  Mark Jr. is healthy, active.. and weighs a whopping 20 pounds and is 27 inches in length!  My boy is growing up so big!  He's six month's old by the way, and so very active that we are now in the pursuit of baby proofing our home.

Recipe for yummy pancakes, thanks to My Wooden Spoon:

1 Cup of Flour
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
3 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Egg
3/4 Cup of Milk (but I actually used around 1 cup or more, you be the judge of thickened consistency)
2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil

I added 1 teaspoon of Vanilla and banana's!

::Blog Share::  I Can Teach My Child's Blog

I Can Teach My Child's Blog has a TON of awesome learning and developing idea's, crafts, and activities that you can do with your kids so please go take a peek.  :)  Here are two really adorable idea's to do for with and for your child that I was really rather impressed with.

My Body Book
Apple Garland- Fruits of the Spirit

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!













Candice S.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...thanks for sharing the paint recipe, so didn't know you could make it! And being a Floridian, I know how it is, but the cooler weather is coming and it's so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Academics Blogs