Monday, October 11, 2010

Salt Dough Fall Leaves

Harmony and I made decorations for fall.  They came out beautifully.  We first made Salt Dough.

Salt Dough Recipe:
4 Cups Flour
1-2 Cups Water
1 Teaspoon Salt
and knead, knead, knead!  

Little Brother rolling around like a little nut and Harmony attempting a smile..  :) haha.
Set oven at 200 and cook for about 1-2 hours or until dough is hard.

 Harmony and I kneaded the dough and it was PERFECT.  I love this recipe.. I have tried so many other recipes that required cooking on the stove, etc. and they were always a big fat flop!  HA!  I then added in food coloring so I wouldn't have to paint the leaves or our final finished product.  You can leave out the food coloring and use acrylic paint for decorating the salt dough when you take them out of the oven.
I used a butter knife to create the leaf look and then used a pen to poke a hole so we could thread the leaves.  Don't you just love the hand-prints?  The hand prints are beautiful and so unique.  I just love how they came out!  I love, love, LOVE IT!  .. Harmony wanted to use a cookie cutter for the little muffin man and then wanted to make a snake.. so we did.  :)  Overall, I'd score this craft idea as an A+! 

Have a great fall day if you aren't experiencing warm fall weather, as we are! 

Happy Crafting.













Candice S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Top Sites

Academics Blogs